Below is information and guidance when playing tennis at the club:
- Club mix-ins for Full, Student and Junior members passed for adult play will be:
Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Wednesday mornings 9.00am – 10.30am (currently suspended due to lack of support)
Saturday afternoons 1.30pm – 6.00pm
The Tuesday and Thursday evenings continue throughout the Winter. Those members who wish to attend mix ins during this period are recommended to carry their own lighting cards in case there is no one available to switch the lights on. They will be reimbursed by the Secretary with money or cards.
Below is a link to the guidelines for social mix-in:
All members are welcome at all social mix-ins.
Any other “private play” during these times is at the discretion of the committee and dependent upon availability of all courts.
- Eight courts are reserved for junior club session Fridays 5.30pm to 7.00pm. Juniors may also book up to two courts at times other than the times listed above.
- At times other than mix-in and junior club session, adult members may book courts throughout the week and at weekends according to the booking system rules – details of which will be found in the clubhouse. Members are invited to make use of the on-line booking system, available from the home page of this website.
- The committee will make variations to the above as needed for matches, tournaments and coaching and for court maintenance. Such changes will be posted on the notice board or on the website.
- Members are expected to provide their own tennis balls in a reasonable condition.
- Players should wear recognised tennis attire.
Sleeveless T shirts/vests worn by men are not acceptable.
Only tennis shoes may be worn – i.e. those shoes either specifically sold as tennis shoes or with non-ridged, non-marking soles. Training shoes are not permitted on court.
Any person found using the courts whilst wearing inappropriate clothing or footwear will be asked to change or leave.
- At close of play members present must ensure that the courts and clubhouse are locked.
- Floodlights are available for courts 1 to 6. They are controlled by meters in the Clubhouse where there are also full instructions on their use. No cash is left in the Clubhouse so “cards” need to be bought in advance. Cards are held locally at “The Harrow” pub and also at “One Tree Books” in Lavant Street, Petersfield. Cards are priced at £2 for 45 minutes.