IMPORTANT CLUB NEWS
We are delighted to announce that we will be restarting mix-ins and reopening the club house next week. However, there are some important details that we need to tell you about, so please read on.
Mix-ins will restart on Tuesday 28th July, but we have had to introduce some changes to ensure that the Club complies with LTA and government Covid 19 guidance. These are set out below, please make sure you read through before coming to mix-in.
- To support NHS Test and Trace, the Club has to keep a temporary record of all those on site for 21 days. This means that there will be a steward at each mix-in to take the names of those who attend. Please report to the steward before playing.
- Mix -in will be reserved for adult members and student members only (no guests for the time being). There is no need to sign up beforehand but the steward may limit the number of players to 30 to ensure social distancing.
- Our new Members are especially welcome to mix-in, please let the steward know and they will introduce you to other Members.
- Please observe the usual guidelines on social distancing; don’t congregate near the court entrances, don’t arrive until the start time and leave promptly when you have finished playing.
- Revised mix-in times are in operation for the time being. These are:
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5.30- 7.30pm on courts 1-4
- Wednesday afternoon from 1.00- 3.00pm on courts 1 &2
- Saturday afternoon from 2.00 – 4.30pm on courts 1-4
We know that lots of you are looking forward to coming back to mix-in and we are asking for volunteer stewards to help make this work. No stewards no mix-in! Please email Lesley Whyte, email@example.com if you would like to help.
USE OF CLUB HOUSE
From Monday 27th July the club house will be open for toilets, use of the kitchen sink for water and floodlights only.
- Access to the club house is limited to 3 people at a time.
- All members and guests are asked to use the sprays provided after using the toilets and sink.
All members and guests must follow Government rules and guidelines and apply common sense as we try to increase the tennis activities available to members, but attendance at the club is at your own risk. Please respect the safety of others and do not come to the club if you or anyone close to you is experiencing Covid like symptoms.
The Club’s responsibility to keep a temporary record of all those on site for 21 days includes anyone playing at any time. Court bookers should keep a note of who they play with and all guests must be entered in the guest book.
If you do exhibit Covid 19 symptoms follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
We look forward to seeing you back on court soon