Steep Lawn Tennis Club run several social functions through the year to give members a chance to relax and get to know each other better.
- The Club normally runs two “Jumbles” (American style tournaments) each year giving all members, whether beginner or experienced, a chance to compete together and win prizes.
- The beginning of the “summer” season, around the time the clocks change, is marked by an evening at a local Indian restaurant.
- One of the main Social events of the year is the Wimbledon draw. This is held at the Club on a Sunday in the Spring – see events section for the date – and normally includes a BBQ and some tennis for those who wish to participate.
- Autumn is celebrated with a Quiz Night and buffet at a local venue, with a final get together at the end of November for our AGM.
- The Social committee and all their many volunteers, provide teas with homemade sandwiches and cakes, on Saturday afternoons from April to September. A special tea is always laid on for our Club Tournament Finals Day in July.
- From time to time we run an extraordinary event to support local charities, The Rosemary Foundation and Help for Heroes have benefitted in the past.
Fresh ideas for social events are always encouraged and anyone who would like to volunteer would be very welcome.
You can download a copy of the club events and tea rota below and will also find these on the noticeboard in the Clubhouse: